The Foundation for Tacoma Students seeks an Executive Assistant to support the Executive Director and the Board of Directors primarily, and sparingly our senior managers, by providing high-quality administrative and clerical assistance. The Executive Assistant’s main duties include scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements and organizing daily calendars. To be successful in this role, one should be proactive, meet deadlines and communicate effectively. The ideal candidate should also have previous experience as an Executive Assistant and is familiar with office management etiquette. Ultimately, the successful Executive Assistant should be able to identify and address the needs of the senior leadership and perform administrative tasks to ensure the organizations workflow runs smoothly.
This position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to provide information and service to a wide range of internal and external contacts. Requires knowledge of the standard office policies and procedures and may include responsibility for executive office management as appropriate.
● Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
● Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with community partners, funders, and board members
● Prepare internal and external organizational documents for team members and partners
● Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries
● Arrange organizational events to take place in and outside of the workplace, such as retreats, partner forums, fund-raising events and community appreciation events
● Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
● Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and partners
● Manage board materials including taking minutes, scheduling meetings, tracking contributions and more
● Provide a wide range of complex office administration and support to the highest-ranking members of the organization
● May prepare spreadsheets for budgets, grants or contracts
● Supports general office operations
● Provides wide ranges of support including keyboarding, composing and editing letters, memoranda, reports, materials, presentations, etc.
● Uses multiple technical applications including word processing, database management, spreadsheets, graphics and presentation software, electronic calendar, email, and other technical/scientific applications
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
● Proven work experience as an Executive Assistant
● Knowledge of office procedures
● Solid experience with office management systems like MS Office and G Suite
● Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems
● Experience using office equipment, including printers, scanners, and Zoom
● Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
● Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
● Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
● High school degree; additional qualifications as Personal Assistant or Secretary are a plus
● Five plus years related experience with proven office administration and customer service skills required
● Proven interpersonal skills with experience providing complex administrative support in a high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy
● Ability to work across teams and with a variety of projects and constituencies
This position is classified as a salaried employee scale (2). The starting salary range for this position is: $55,000 – $70,000. Competitive benefits package include, health, vision, dental and volunteer 401K program with employer match options.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com using the subject line “Application for Executive Assistant – YOUR NAME.” No phone calls, please.